<VV> Seat Belts

Ewell Mills emills5 at cfl.rr.com
Fri May 20 18:35:12 EDT 2005

Does anyone know what the laws are in Florida concerning Seat Belts.  I was under the impression that if seats belts were not available in the year that the car was manufactured, that it was not necessary to have them.  In Florida they have a new drive on called "Click it or ticket".  I am not opposed to it, it's just that I was wondering what the law is pertaining to historical vehicles.  I have two Corvairs, one a 1967 that has factory installed belts (2 front, 2 rear), and a 1965 that did not have any. (at least it did not have any when I purchase it).  I did add two in the front, but have none in the rear.  What is my exposer to being ticketed?  Thanks.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.