<VV> Parts car reply

Daniel Ward draw at anv.net
Sun May 22 09:18:48 EDT 2005

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for some good words, especially pricing.  The only parts I was
planning on using was the front suspension and the drive train.  Installing
those won't be very difficult, my 62 is built that way.  As for the rest of
the car, all the pieces would be offered to my fellow club members with
what's left sold elsewhere. I'll be keeping no treasures; extra parts should
be sold so they can be used by someone who needs them.  I guess I've heard
too many stories of guys passing away and their families unloading large
quantities of parts at pennies on the dollar because they have no idea or
interest in what we thought of as buried treasure.

 Everything may be for not anyway, this guy is really proud of his
possession and wants as much as a running car. If the wheels are worth $500
(they are the knock off type) and the drive train (I know it doesn't run) is
worth about $300 - 400, the front suspension maybe $50, totaling almost 1K,
he still wants $1,500 to 2,000.