<VV> The Lousy Cop (Jon Miller)

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon May 23 09:08:07 EDT 2005

Jon,

While agree with the sentiment that cops have to put up with the lowest of the low on a daily basis, I don't think that changes the fact that at least a few of them are lousy cops.  We as a society entrust the police with a heavy responsibility and we give them extrodinary powers.  When they abuse that trust (which they seem to do all too often) - it's bad.  No matter how many scumbags they had to deal with that day.  We're not all scumbags.  They are not the judge and jury - they are not the law.  Now, not all cops are lousy either and I think most of them at least try to do the right thing.  But a few bad apples, etc. etc....

They cop who pulled me over last week for not having an inspection sticker even though I'm exempt by law had printouts of PORTIONS of the pertinent laws.  Printed out in such a way as to help him justify his opinion.  I now have a printout of the pertinent laws in my glovebox.  Somehow, in spite of what you think, I don't think he's going to be happy the next time he pulls me over for no stickers and I show him the printouts.  I hope he says "Oh, I was wrong. Sorry" but I'm not betting on it.  We'll see.

mike

This is for what I consider a disturbing thread. It was written by Trooper

....snip

So, Mr. Citizen, you stand there on your soap box, and rant and rave about the
way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop for a minute
to think that your property, your family or maybe your life might depend on one
thing, ME or one of my buddies.

Regards,

Jon

A Corvair or two.