<VV> The Lousy Cop (Jon Miller)

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon May 23 12:41:01 EDT 2005

------------------------------

<snip>

The VA State Police are a class act and I for one have high regard and much
respect for them.    No arguments here about their performance.    These
are cops the way cops should be.

tony..   cops in the family

The only dealings I've had with the VA state police was the guy I talked to last week at the safety division (the division in charge of the state safety inspections) and he was very nice and very helpful.  Not only did he tell my rights under the laws but gave me references to find the laws online myself.  He even suggested printing them and keeping a copy in the glovebox.

My only other dealing with VA police have been 1 Newport News cop and 1 York County sheriff.  Both times over safety stickers oddly enough.  I think I must drive like a grandma.

The first time I didn't have stickers was because I had just moved here and the DMV said I had 2 weeks to get my stickers.  Well the cop pulled me over the very next day and when I told him what the DMV said he told me they were wrong.  That sounded weird to me but it turns out they were.  He didn't give me a ticket but I still can't believe that based on the driving I see every day around here he couldn't have pulled over someone who was doing something a  little worse than not having a sticker.  The second dealing was last week again about a sticker.  This time the cop said the DMV was wrong again so I believed him but when I called the state police I found out the COP was wrong.  I'm somewhat convinced he knows he's wrong but is incorrectly telling people with antique plates they have to be inspected because he thinks they won't check.  Whether this is his idea or the sheriff department's I don't know.

mike
(no cops in the family)