<VV> Progress Report

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Thu May 26 01:01:05 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/25/2005 9:38:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
s2cable1 at yahoo.com writes:

>  I modeled in UG the brake rotors, and created a pattern.  Checked the
> weight of the rotor, before and after the drill pattern resulting in a .75 lbs
> weight savings.  I plan on modeling the hub portion of the rotor and add more
> cutouts for an even greater savings.

***********************************

I'm suprised Jon didn't set you straight on weight
savings.......ggggg.......FRONT   needs MORE weight.....REAR  needs lightening!

You're obviously using a VW Beetle pan?    Drill the Torsion
housing......it's heavy......

Use a 0.060"  sheet aluminum  cut to sandwich between the bellhousing /
Engine  to support it....no rear mounting!

Are you IRS  or SwingAXLE?   Either way.....swingplates /Control arms can be
drilled..

Car should be fun!   Everyone I know that's built one has enjoyed it....

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V