<VV> Fw: engine noise

Timothy T Werner wern3 at juno.com
Fri May 27 08:25:49 EDT 2005

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Timothy T Werner <wern3 at juno.com>
To: virualvairs at corvair.org
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:39:54 -0400
Subject: engine noise

Thanks to all for the tips on my "cracking" sound in my 110. I had 4
possible problems
1 loose spark plug
2 Exhaust leak in u- pipe
3 exhaust leak in down - tube
4 Blown head gasket
Last night I eliminated #1, plugs are fine.
Next will do compression ck on the rt. three cyls.
Failing a diagnosis there, i must get underneath and get the shrouds off.
My jackstands are under neighbors '79 280Z so will use wooden blocking.
In thinking about this I did blow a belt 3 years ago, and had to drive a
mile before shutting it down. Wonder if this caused # 4???
will post results.
Tim
'65 Monza110 - 4sp
'61 Rampy-(with unidentified motor) 4sp.