<VV> Floor replacement

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Mon May 30 23:12:12 EDT 2005

 <snip>I'm replacing the floor on my 61.  I have all 4 floor panels from
Clark's. My welding is not that good, so I was going to rivit them in
place, then braze the lap joints.  Does this sound good enough?  Any
suggestions will be appreciated. This will be a daily driver, not for
show.Thanks, Paul <unsnip>

Brazing is an option; it's very strong, but you may create warpage in the
sheet metal.  Do you have a MIG welder?  If so, consider getting a spot-welding
sleeve for the gun.  Where the normal sleeve is fully circular on the end, a
spot welding sleeve has two teeth that space the sleeve off the work.  Where you
want a spot weld, drill a hole in the upper piece of sheet metal and place
the MIG gun so that the wire is in the hole. Pull the trigger and count to
three.  (assuming the machine is set).  That's it.  A perfect plug-weld with no
warping.  Fast simple, and strong.
Craig ("spot") Nicol