<VV> Old gas tomfoolery...ggg

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sun Nov 13 20:24:40 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/13/05 5:10:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mioanes at woh.rr.com writes:

> Today I drove it, chugging and stalling, to my neighborhood gas station and
> filled it up.  As soon as I started it up at the pump I could tell the
> difference.  It ran good again and I took it for a drive.
> Moral:  buy Sta-bil or fill it up more often  also don't overlook the dumb
> s**t.
> Mike Ioanes

Mike!

1  When you stopped for gas..the heat of the engine migrates UP...to the
carbs, etc..  Warm is good for carburators...

2  Even if it were BAD GAS.......unless you have an electric pump...with
return line......it will take miles and miles to get the old gas in jUST the
fuelline from the tank to the carbs cleaned out...

Car gets 10 mpg around town.....128 oz to a gallon......12.8 oz. to the
mile....

Think about it!  gggg

Matt Nall
65/66/69/DB/BT