<VV> Re: shroud doors

Pitts10ch at aol.com Pitts10ch at aol.com
Tue Nov 22 09:39:38 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am no authority on anything Corvair, but I did just put on my bottom
shrouds for the winter.  I noticed that the right one is out to the end and  the
left is not.  They are funny because they really have to get warm to  open up
and will close fairly quickly after parking even at idle.  All of  this depends
on the ambient temps.  It sounds like yours are working just  fine.  Putting
the shrouds on prompted my earlier question as I run without  them in the
summer to be cooler and to prevent pinging.  It works but the  pinging is back at
about three hundred degrees and 3/4 throttle on a hill.

Chris Hand
'66 Corsa 140/4