<VV> Distributor position

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue Nov 22 09:57:22 EST 2005

Subject: Distributor Position

 the distributor vaccum advance hose is too close to the AC
belt---can I simply rotate the distributor to a
desired position and reclock the sparkplub wires ---
i.e., # 1 would move clockwise two positions-----The
plan works in my mind, but will it work in real
life???????

Smitty says:  Don you can do what you propose.  As a matter of fact there is a distributor gear that was used on AC cars to aleviate the situation.  It splits the difference in wire position a half a position.  However I have cobbled up three AC cars and not found the gear necessary.  Always ended up with the VacAdv sticking out between the belt runs, which meant the hose had to be pulled off to change the belt.  My biggest problem when I was doing it was my dislexic mind making me move the wire sets the wrong way when I repositioned the distributor to get the VacAdv where I wanted it.