<VV> Re: Flooded Mustangs in New Orleans

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Tue Nov 22 16:18:59 EST 2005

I'll make a prediction we see a bunch of these on Ebay in the coming months.

Corvair content:
In 1989 I bought a '64 Monza 'vert 110/4sp which had been submerged in brackish water for 4 days
following Hurricane Hugo.

The heads (and cylinders) were full of sand and silt. Other than the stainless trim (and the trunkload of
new Clarks bits!)  there was little easily salvagable.

But even so I was able to sell off parts and then the remainder of the car (actually just sold the car last
summer!) recovering my (very low) investment several times over.

Bill