<VV> RE: drug store alcohol

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Thu Nov 24 13:11:20 EST 2005

No. ANY alcohol MUST be VERY dry to be effective. With 10% water, NO  alcohol
will mix with the gasoline. It'll just settle to the bottom of the tank.
Alcohol does increase octane, but it takes a LOT of it, and just adding
alcohol will screw up the stoichiometry. There are better octane additives, like
toluene and xylene. OR just buy good gas!

In a message dated 11/24/2005 12:09:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,