<VV> Convention by motorhome

James Davis jld at wk.net
Tue Nov 29 09:50:15 EST 2005

Having been to the last five conventions in an Ultra Van, here is my
take.  At St. Charles, IL we parked in the hotel parking lot next to
the hotel.  I stayed in the hotel, but others dry camped in the
parking lot.  At Flagstaff, AZ, I was ordered out of the parking lot
on Sunday (no RV's in the parking lot) before the convention (even
though we had reservations in the hotel).   We camped in the RV park
(Black Barts) across the street.  At Carlisle, PA we parked the Ultra
Van next to the hotel room and stayed in the hotel.  My son dry
camped in the Ultra Van in the hotel parking lot.
At Lexington KY, we stayed in the hotel and the Ultra Van was parked
in the hotel parking lot.  At Portland, OR we stayed in the RV park
adjacent to the hotel.  To summarize, some clubs that host the
conventions take RV parking in to consideration and some don't.  As
for Buffalo, the jury is still out.
Jim Davis