<VV> Turbo Odyssey Part 22 -- It's Alive!

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Mon Oct 3 10:33:39 EDT 2005

Now I am replying to my own posts.  How pathetic.

I talked to Dan Knonkle, the guy who built the motor, and he says that I
should try backing the timing off about ten degrees.  I also got some
guidance from him on adjusting my clutch linkage.  Can't wait to mess with
it tonight....

Maybe I go for a cruise today!

Norm

snip

 I ran it back to about the
> half way point and
> now I have some clutch pedal, but I think it needs further
> adjustment. I
> read the shop manual on adjusting this item but I have to
> confess to being
> somewhat confused on this score....

> Unfortunately, I had to shut it down right away because the
> motor ran right
> up to 2.500 rpm and wanted to howl. I adjusted the idle mix
> screw, the idle
> speed screw and the choke. Not being familiar with turbo
> carbs, I am now at
> a complete loss. I went back and read the shop manual, but
> again, it's not
> making a ton of sense to me.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Snip