<VV> Great Plains Corvair Roundup

Keith Hammett khammett at stainlessfab.com
Mon Oct 3 14:51:35 EDT 2005

Just a note about the Great Plains Corvair Roundup that was held over the
weekend in Wichita.  The guys and gals that put on the show did a wonderful
job except on the weather (regardless of what Ned says he forgot to order
sunshine, isn't that part of Kansas?), despite the rain on Saturday it was a
wonderful time.  They were able to provide door prizes for everybody that
was in attendance at the dinner.

Terry's shop is something to see, I lost count on the corvairs that are
present on the property in sheds and out in the yard.  I really liked seeing
the Greenbrier with the original window sticker still in the window.  Terry
has some wonderful cars in the shop.

On Sunday Ned was gracious enough to give demonstration to a few riders on
the technique of avoiding deer (I mean cones).  Standing on the side
watching the autocross does not do it any justice; too actually ride in the
car is a whole different experience.  I was glad that I was able to attend
and get a ride in the autocross.  Thanks again Ned.

Plans were announced that next year it will be held in Tulsa, that puts it
closer to me, and I will plan to attend.  Hopefully they will be able to
draw some of the Arkansas clubs, St. Louis and Illinois clubs.

Thanks again for the fun weekend.

Keith Hammett

Member Corsa and Corvanatics

Willard, Mo.