<VV> Coil Heater

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Thu Oct 6 00:05:48 EDT 2005

HiHal at adelphia.net writes:

        Source of constant carb heat to prevent carburetor icing. (Carb icing

plagued the 1960 Vairs)

> UltraMonzaWest at aol.com wrote:
>

> >Wade,  this is on the LM Pass. side [ 1,3,5]   and is a 1" "D"  punchout in
>
> >the SM .
> >*********************************************************

                HiHal at adelphia.net writes:

> Same hole I'm talking about; what's your point? The air cleaner intake
> is directly above it.

Wade...this is a hole just big enough for the Coil's base to partially fit
in....it's like the coil length was changed and this hole was cut to keep it
from hitting metal....

I've had    12  LM  164   engines...including 1 FC.....  only my 1969 has
this......there is a larger round 2"  diameter hole further away..

It is surely where the Exh. Gas tube from the pass. exhaust maifold came
thru.....and A.I.R.  engines must have the coil mounted elsewhere?

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug