<VV> Coil Heater

Wade Halsey HiHal at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 6 01:12:27 EDT 2005

My last post on the topic:

Ilustrations of the coil in the 1965 shop manual show the clamp which
holds the coil positioned on the bottom half of the coil which would
hold it well above the "D" shaped hole. A.I.R. engines have the coil
mounted horizontally  on the rear panel below the engine lid latch. I
have two '69s and two 66s. Each engine has the "D" shaped hole. The
majority of LM engines were not smog engines, not around here anyway. In
the relatively few smog engines produced, the existing hole was used for
the smog pipe from the right exhaust manifold----and the smog pipe from
the left manifold used the EXISTING air recirculation opening by the oil
cooler. The left side came with a cover to be used in the summer and
removed in the winter. This cover had a cutout to go around the smog
pipe when the cover was in place. The 2" hole is unique to the smog engine.

Enough on the subject from me!