<VV> Coil Heater

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Oct 6 10:55:41 EDT 2005

On Oct 6, 2005, at 1:12 AM, Wade Halsey wrote:

> Ilustrations of the coil in the 1965 shop manual show the clamp which
> holds the coil positioned on the bottom half of the coil which would
> hold it well above the "D" shaped hole. A.I.R. engines have the coil
> mounted horizontally  on the rear panel below the engine lid latch. I
> have two '69s and two 66s. Each engine has the "D" shaped hole.

Was this a change for '66?  I don't have such a hole on either of my
'65 140s, and can't recall it on other '65 engines.  But, I'm
freshening what I believe to be a fairly original '66 110 right now,
and it has this hole.  I'm wondering if the somewhat larger late model
engine compartment and air inlet meant the single warm air hole wasn't
enough.

--Bryan