<VV> Re: Ran out of Steering Boxes need some more... $25

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Sun Oct 9 08:54:28 EDT 2005

Twice this summer while at a car show I have been approached by individuals
asking me if I had any "extra" steering boxes available out of any parts
corvairs, also received a phone call from someone as well requesting one.
Now over the past several years I have also been receiving phone calls
asking about Corvair telescopic steering columns that can be used in
Corvettes, while the Corvair owner will pay $400 for a telescopic column, A
vette owner will pay $800+.......

I already knew this, but for those of you that don't know. Corvair steering
boxes are rebuilt and changed and are quite popular for use in street rods.
Going rate for a converted box is $175 and up. Our used boxes will be used
as cores for these. I would assume now, a used Vair box is worth at least
$75-100, and still afford someone else an opportunity to make a profit.
Of course this removes the Corvair boxes from use for Corvair owners, and as
such I would prefer to save a couple for spares for myself. I do have one
though that definitely needs rebuilding, that I will sell for
$75.............there have been no takers at that price yet.
Gary Swiatowy