<VV> Demand for 110 HP engines for Airplane on the rise

Gail P Policella gailvair at juno.com
Sun Oct 9 14:49:48 EDT 2005

Over the past year,  I have received over a dozen request for 110hp
Corvair engines to be used in Airplanes.  Obviously, the populairity is
growing.  I am told by Corvair airplane people that the going rate is
$100-$300 per engine depending on the condition.  I think this is on the
cheap side considering the owner of the 110 hp must remove it for the car
(time and labor).  Is anyone else out there getting lots of requests for
110 hp and what is the going rate for running 110hp engines.  Several of
our club members refuse to sell their engines to "Airplane guys". Just
like the Steering boxes being sold to Street Rod people (At least the
street rod people are paying top dollar !).  I would love to hear your
comments on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Gail P. Policella  Margate, FL
Chapter # 333  South Florida Corvairs
64 Deluxe Greenbrier with Dealer Camper Kit
65 Monza Coupe/ 66 Corsa Convertible