<VV> Re: Smartcar = silly people?

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 10 15:36:06 EDT 2005

I am, but I'm not about to drive my car like that in normal driving. I
have never been one that could force myself to drive for extreme economy
but I used to get at least 25 MPG running 70-75 for long distances. I
think the current pump gas and the fact that I don't drive it that much
on long runs anymore come together to cause me to get between 12 and 20
when not in an econorun. In most cases the econorun really needs to be
2-3 times as long but then some of the lower mileage cars would run out
of gas before the end.

Mike Kost
multiple CORSA Econorun winner