<VV> Paul's Farm - more than just a "Corvair Junkyard"

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Mon Oct 10 23:40:04 EDT 2005

Since we are using Google Earth...
http://members.cox.net/whubbell/Corvair%20Pics/Paul's%20Farm.jpg

Here is the famous "Paul's Farm" - near Petersburg, Virginia, owned by TCC and CVCC member Paul Whelan and his brother, and site to the annual September "HoDown" in which Corvairs and their owners from the local area come to the Farm for a weekend of camping, field autocrossing, eating, and hayriding.

In this shot, you can clearly see the three and one-half rows of old Corvairs Paul has stored on the farm.  The large field above (northwest) of the Corvairs is where the autocross is held, the farmhouse, barn and outbuildings are just to the left (northeast) of the field, and the long rectangular field to the right (northeast) of the buildings are where folks camp and build the giant bonfires on Friday and Saturday nights.

I had to miss the HoDown this year, due to my foot surgery, but I look forward to returning next year.  It is always a great time.

Bill Hubbell