<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Replacing wheel studs - LM

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Mon Oct 10 23:59:01 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/10/2005 7:45:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Taruffi57 at aol.com writes:

My  compressor is puny so I couldn't use the impact,  but since it was VERY
difficult to keep the axle from rotating against  breaker bar force,  it was
VERY physical.  (can't set the emergency brake  with the  drum off)  I need
another answer to this puzzle but now I know  it  can be done w/o pulling the
spindle/lug flange.  Any  brilliant ideas out  there?

Put the wheel on the other side and let it down to the ground.

With the tranny in gear your set....

Unless it's  a PG then it's back to sweat and strain

You might try a large C clamp and a short pipe nipple (a bit longer than  the
stud comes
through)

Tim Abney
IECC