<VV> how do you "nader killed the corvair"

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Oct 19 12:01:46 EDT 2005

At 07:28 hours 10/18/2005, Bill Brafford wrote:
>after i say i have a corvair, most every person states that it was
>the "car that nader killed"
>
>i have a "canned" response to this, it would be interesting to see
>what people that read this site would say to such a person.
>
>Bill Brafford

Those of you who know me, and those of you who have seen me go on and
on in this list about much less important things (rants) can only
imagine what *I* would have to say each and every time any body ever
as much as mentions the word Nader and Corvair in the same hour, much
less the same breath.

But first, I generally do  ask them if they've ever owned a Corvair,
then I ask if they ever rode in one, etc whereupon I start in on my
tirade and eventually finish up by telling them that the Corvair was
never killed; it's too tough to die and it's alive and well and
living in my driveway en mass.    They usually leave quickly and
seldom ever bother me again.

tony..