<VV> Domain names (very little Corvair)

Dennis & Debbie Pleau ddpleau at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 19 22:22:43 EDT 2005

If you contact Hostway don't mention you know myself, Harry or Bryan.  A
lot of years ago we needed to have our mail list with a hosting
service.  We contracted with Hostway.  Bryan moved the name list in the
format they told him to use and then left on two weeks vacation.  The list
didn't work.  After getting the run around they told me how the files
should be configured and FTPed them to my computer, I manipulated them and
moved them back.  Hostway's technical people were no help at all, and since
all the CORSA Majordomo knowledge resided in Bryan and he was gone, I
joined a majordomo mail list about majordomo mail list and asked enough
questions and got enough answers to get the list barely functional.

After I got no help from Hostway time after time, I forwarded a reply from
them to Harry an in some text I wrote to Harry I suggested since he was in
Chicago and Hostway was there also, he should get JR and a baseball bat and
do a number on their knee caps.  Some how they were BCCed on the
message.  They were not amused to say the least.

I was never so happy to have Bryan get back from vacation and configure
what I didn't have correctly configured.  Shortly after that we contracted
with Bryan to host all CORSA Internet stuff and have had a 99.9% or better
up since and I've never once though about taking a baseball bat to his knees.

In Hostway's defense, they were brand new at the time.  To be in business
this long, they have to be much better than they were then or they would be
out of business.  They have been advertising on the radio here and every
time I their ad it reminds me of the 2 weeks of hell.

Dennis