<VV> Miscellaneous turbo fuel issues

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Thu Oct 20 14:32:12 EDT 2005

Odd things I've found to make driveability bad...

-air leak in fuel line
-air leak at intake coupler hose
-air leak at intake crossover to head
-Crankcase vacuum line (try blocking vacuum inlet)
-excessive fuel pressure/weak inlet valve (idle test)
-inadequate fuel return line (idle test)
-blown accel pump diaphram/bad check valve in diaphram
-leak in float, sticking float
-break in boost guage/line (minor, though, if I remember.)
-break in pressure retard or line.

Changing carbs is a worthwhile test.

Idle test:  See if you can sustain a smooth idle for more than 5
minutes....

I also wouldn't eliminate the electrical system if I were you...

Good luck.

JED
Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT