<VV> used engine oil

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 23 09:41:12 EDT 2005

Like many of you, I change my own engine oil. But what do you do with the old oil? I used to put it out in the trash, as our county has a Trash to Steam incinerator, but now I take it to my local State car inspection station that has a waste oil heating set-up. Now with heating oil at $2.50/gal., I'm thinking of blending it with MY heating oil, but at what ratio?
Adding a gallon of used (strained) engine oil to a full tank of heating oil is less than .5%. Anyone try this? Results? Bad idea?

Harry Yarnell
Perryman Garage and Orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net