<VV> Gas Gauge

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun Oct 23 21:51:01 EDT 2005

At 03:40 PM 10/23/2005, you wrote:
>  I have changed the sending  unit and put a new float
>on it.  I always did have some erratic readings or  more correctly it worked
>erratically.  Now it simply doesn't work.  It  stays on E or sometimes
>below E.
If I pull the wire from the sending unit it goes to full

Exactly what mine was doing and the issue was a sunk float (if new one has
a hole it won't take long). Other possibility is a short to ground in the
sender itself or via a broken insulator (would expect a gas seep in that case).

In any event the sender is going to have to come back out which also means
a new ring and retainer.

Checking with a DVM, a LM should read 90 ohms with the arm all the way up
(F) and close to zero with it all the  way down (E).

Padgett

Padgett