<VV> Heat Pumps

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Mon Oct 24 18:04:33 EDT 2005

The important aspect of the Nyle unit is, it keeps its full output to well
below zero.

In a message dated 10/24/2005 8:44:02 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pp2 at 6007.us writes:

>I  think you need to check out what the state of the art is capable of.
>Heat pumps with two stage/two speed/variable speed compressors can go  MUCH
>colder and still put out good heat. In fact, check this one  out:

Said there were units that went lower, just are  expensive.

"Tests have shown a coefficient of performance of 2.7 at  17°F and a
coefficient of performance of 2.0 at 0°F while maintaining high  BTU outputs,
"

EER = CoP /.292 so a CoP of 2.0 is about an EER of 6.8.  2.7 is about 9.0.
Resistance heating has an EER of about 3.4. Pretty  good.

Padgett