Petronix - was Re: <VV> Gargle on the overrun

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Wed Oct 26 16:32:42 EDT 2005

Additionally, you can run a hotter coil with the Pertronix.

And along with correcting the unsteady dwell of a worn distributor, the P-II even varies the dwell a bit according to the rpm, making the improvements even
better.

If your points ignition is in perfect condition, moving to a P-I is likely not going to make a noticable difference, while moving to a P-II likely will.

Bill