<VV> Headlight switch differences

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Sun Oct 30 23:11:06 EST 2005

<snip> (Kent said/asked):
Hi, The '65 and '66 assembly manuals (UPC 12, section B, page 8) show two
different switches: 1995122 and 1995123. The applications are listed as the
former for Corsa only and latter for 500s and Monzas. The latter switch is also
listed in the '64 FC assembly manual. The same switches are listed in one of my
parts books (group 2.485) for '64 Corvairs--the former for Spyder only and the
latter for all other models. <unsnip>

A quick glance at the schematic shows no wiring differences at the headlight
switch between a Corsa and a Monza.  My guess is that they tailored the dimmer
resistor for a few more instrument bulbs in the Corsa and Spyder models.  A
quick check of the schematic shows 4 bulbs in a Monza dash and 6 in a Corsa.
Great theory, but if you have a heater and a (Monza only) powerglide the count
goes to 5 or 6 in a Monza vs 7 in a Corsa.  It's still a likely possiblity.
(but just a theory)
Craig Nicol