<VV> Air compressor distribution lines

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Mon Oct 31 10:56:49 EST 2005

Much of what Ken says is documented in this downloadable diagram:

http://www.tptools.com/statictext/airline-piping-diagram.pdf

My compressor has an after cooler, which helps get a lot of the water to
condense at the compressor, where it can be drained using the drain on the
tank and before it pools in the lines. All of my air drops have the "up and
over" design, to give the water one more hurdle (meaning less gets to the
tool at the end of the hose).

As far as draining the tank goes, I just bought a timer-driven automatic
tank drain made by Granzow. The dealer for my compressor recommended it. It
will be set to drain 5 seconds per hour (after I have completely drained the
tank once).

There are all kinds of other tricks too, like slightly tilting the lines to
get the water to run to one end; making a complete loop back to the
compressor to even out the pressure for devices located different distances
from the compressor, etc. I tried to use all of the tricks. :-)

--Kent