<VV> Smitty trip NOT

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 1 14:58:25 EDT 2005

Padgett wrote:

> <snip>
> Which brings me to two questions:
> 1) Tires are BFG 185x80x13 radials and fronts were at 25 psi (still
> felt soft). Despite a very low number of miles on a new front and rear
> suspension, at low speeds particularly I wasn't steering, I was
> aiming. Fortunately in my yout I did a lot of sailing. Is this typical
> of these tires or would 35 psi help ? (Until I mount something better).
> <snip>
> Padgett
>
> ps if replying to the list, please just quote the question.

You likely need an alignment. Make sure you use less toe in than
originally specified. I don't know which BFG tire you have but I don't
think that is your problem. If the car doesn't have a factory air
dam/spoiler, that will help. You may actually have too much air in the
front (I don't like this size tire because it has too little tread on
the road) since you seem to have the floating feeling. Try putting about
100 pounds in the trunk and take it for another drive. If this car does
not have quick steering you may always feel a little lightness in the
front end.

Mike Kost
SMCC