<VV> Balancing Carbs with TwinMax

The Tysons the.tysons at comcast.net
Sun Sep 4 09:45:01 EDT 2005

I recently purchase a nifty electronic gizmo for balancing the carbs on my
old BMW cycle.  This device detects pressure imbalance and displays it on a
meter.  It appears to be quite sensitive.  It would seem to me that this
device could be easily adapted to balance the Corvair carbs on my 110 hp '65
Monza.  I'm wondering if someone could walk me through the necessary
adjustments.  I'm never had great luck understanding or performing the
"balancing act" as it's described in the shop manual.  If someone could
advise me on where to start (throttle cross-shaft, idle screws, or ?) and
when I adjust the length of the throttle rod on the left carb, I would be
forever grateful.

Thanks for the assistance.

Rick T