<VV> Piston clearance

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Tue Sep 6 14:27:56 EDT 2005

Clark - .002 clearance is fine for pretty much any brand of cast piston
in most applications - forged is another issue where .0035 (our absolute
minimum) all the way to .005 can be suggested.

As to the specific issue of our barrells and Clarks pistons I am not up
to speed yet so will not comment other than - In order to match a
particular brand of pistons it may be necessary for us to have them
present to get correct clearance and 2, if you try and do a feeler
clearance where the barrel is NOT under compression (as it is when we
bore and hone) you may get bad readings.  I will wait and see what
transpires as I will match our barrels up to anyone elses anytime
anywhere.......Lon

www.corvairunderground.com