<VV> Piston clearance

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Tue Sep 6 20:47:03 EDT 2005

Chris & Bill Strickland wrote:

> Lon, how much variation do you get between the compressed and
> uncompressed cylinders?

It depends entirely on the particular cylinders. There are a number of
variables, so it's not a constant number. Some barrels there's very
little difference.

> Are your barrels distributed with information concerning this?

If you mean specific tolerance changes per each individual barrel, not
really because that would add another component to the labor involved
and would probably be counter-productive so far as confusing some
customers. These cylinders are NOT money makers for us - at the quality
we are providing they should sell for twice as much - but then too many
customers would not see the extra value and buy someone's cheaper ones.
A lost sales opportunity is a lost sale - period. Not a good situaution
for any of us really.

> Will/Do you custom hone these new barrels to fit customer supplied
> pistons?

Always. And we will hone to the customer's requested clearances - even
if we don';t agree with them!   Lon

www.corvairunderground.com