<VV> Fwd: Re: [fastvair] Major event 2006

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Fri Sep 9 21:37:24 EDT 2005

I'd like to take the opportunity to encourage ANYONE to come out and play at the track during these
"Fastvair" events. I've run waterpumpers, low power street Corvairs, and full race stuff. My wife even
came out to an event (run with a Britihs car club) and ran her TR6 around the track. Larry Claypool
showed up with a 50hp FIAT 850 coupe which he and Marybeth ran around the track with us. We had
well -driven street cars runnning times similar to all-out race cars... several would have beat me had I
been able to take some timed laps at BeaveRun.

While I know a Corvair is most preferred, almost ANY reasonably safe street Corvair will do just fine...
and if you don't have that at the moment bring something else...just come and play and support the
event! And if you want to drive a real race car, mine is on the market (and I'm going to run it on Ebay
when I get the chance...)

The friendship and the atmosphere is really where it's at... especially for a "wannabe" racer like me. I
recognize I'll likely never be in the running for FTD, but I plan on showing up in something for every event
I can make!

Bill Elliott