<VV> In need of your expertise: issues with electrical system???

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Sat Sep 10 11:01:55 EDT 2005

Many years ago I stalled my first '65 Corsa at a light late at night in a
fairly bad neighborhood in Detroit.  Turned the key, nothing.  I jumped out
of the car, opened the engine lid, wiggled the terminals real hard, hopped
back in and the car started.  I wasn't too worried because I knew what the
problem was, but you should have seen the look on my passenger's face.  Not
the best place or time to be stranded.

Greg, when you're done cleaning those terminals with a wire brush or some
emory cloth, coat them with vaseline and TIGHTEN the bolts on the clamps.
If they are the original spring type, take a hammer and lightly rap on
either side of the clamp to drive them all the way down the terminal.  The
vaseline prevents corrosion so that the contact stays clean between the
terminal and the post.

Norm Witte

mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/