<VV> Wheels and Tires Question

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Wed Sep 14 08:31:02 EDT 2005

>The wheel offset is crucial.

And it depends on what you want: tall or wide. Personally I find anything
lower than a 60 profile to be, well, you can tell if the cigarette butt you
just ran over was plain or filtered. They also demand wide rims (for street
my rule of thumb is a wheel as wide as the tread, racing it should be as
wide as the section).

Next dial in where you live. Here we get around 55 inches of rain a year,
often an inch in an hour. A very wide tire on a light front end is really
not a good idea in the rain.

Suspect I will go with something like either a 185x65x14 or 205x60x15 in
front and a 215x65x15 in back. All of these are common sizes and quite a
few choices are available - was surprised, there seem to be more -5 tires
available now (65/55/45/35) than -0s.

Padgett