<VV> Re: PAINTING SHROUDS etc

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Sep 17 20:33:28 EDT 2005

i use paint thinner with a small amount of laquer thinner in my homebrew
parts washer with filter pads made from those scotch brite pads you get at dollar
stores. it cleans matal parts nicely and they take spray paint well. been
doing that fer years now without troubles or blowing up the shop.  i also use carb
cleaners (wow the price now!) and straight recycled lacquer thinner at times.
i use napa spray paint because i am always doing small batches . i think
number that  that looks ok to me is 1635 semi gloss.  i dont smoke , and i
ventilate well when using this stuff.  in our old shop we had a radiator hot tank for
years...used lye. i lost a piston to a wad of foam in minutes once , so i
never liked lye for parts cleaning after that..
regards, tim colson