<VV> comprehensive, was Corvair vandalism

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 10:07:03 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/21/2005 8:02:53 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ScottyGrover at aol.com writes:

While  I've got an insurance professional on-line, I have a question: If my
''Vair is involved in an accident, and I am awarded compensation, does  that
mean  that the insurance company can confiscate my ''Vair and  send it to the
crusher,  or can it be salvaged  somehow?

I don't know if things have changed but the only car I ever had "totaled"
was my 70 Chevelle
SS. I was able to buy it as salvage from the insurance company for $350. It
never left my
property.

Parted it out myself and that much from the cowl induction hood and air
cleaner. Sold it to
a guy who had a 70 Chevelle same color. He even swapped them. I later sold
the front clip.

The car had been rear ended so badly the bumper was pushed all the way to
the rear wheelwells.

Sold the interior, glass, doors and wheels (they were barely spared)
steering column and
front suspension including the brakes, Differential (drum to drum) and gave
the engine and
tranny to a buddy who had a 71 Monte Carlo with tired ones.

When the junkyard picked up what was left we agreed I gave them the  leftover
body and the title... The took it.... No charge.

I actually made money over what I had paid for it.

Still wished I had the car... I liked it. Only had it 3 weeks when it was
hit.

BTW - This happened in 1978.

Tim Abney
IECC