<VV> Ho Down

Hubert A Smith vairologist at juno.com
Sun Sep 25 23:43:46 EDT 2005

Smitty Says:   The annual Ho Down at the Whelan farm in Dinwiddy VA is
over once again.  The pasture was just right for autocrossing.  No Mud,
and great traction for the most part.  Started with a sickning speed
inducing drag race straight down hill to the left with a 180 right at the
bottom.  Back up the hill with a wide open 100 degree left turn that was
climbing for the first half and dropped away for the second half.
(tricky).  Short straight and then a 180 right that had a sandy bottom.
Short drag race followed by a speed breaking salom back to the stop box.
FTD was taken by Spike but unfortunately not with me driving.  Paul
Whelan cleaned my clock by a couple of tenths.  Spike made about 50 runs
during the day.
        The weekend was enhanced by a never ending supply of potluck
food, drink and the traditional nearly all night bon fire.  Overnight
campers included everything from tents to coaches.  The weather could not
have been better.  Now I gotta clean the car.