<VV> What did I do wrong now.

Chris C ricorvair at cox.net
Sat Apr 1 18:33:12 EST 2006

Trying to make my car run right.  It was almost their, pulled the
carb to clean it out.

New gasket I had laying around.  Seemed hard.

Cleaned out the venturi cluster, put it back together.  The car
started sounded good, went to close the trunk, gas spraying everywhere.

LInes were tight, all the screws holding the carb together were
tight.  Gas guisering out of the carb.

Raw gas went in.  Puddles of gas in the engine bay.

Put a spare carb, already rebuilt, onto the car.  Ran great, stomped
on it like I normally have to.  Tires nearly squealed, granted it was
on sand.  Have not synced the carbs..

Exhaust is very smelly, raw gas dripping from the tail pipe.  What
damage should I look out for?

Thanks to all.