<VV> Heavy Duty Starter

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Apr 1 18:53:33 EST 2006

I will disagree with the solenoid comment. GM uses the same solenoids on
the Corvair starter as the GM diesel engines I worked on. They are a lot
bigger starter than the HD output and pull up to 800 amps. Two batteries
you know.  All the solenoids I have taken apart to replace the washer or
terminal used the same size parts. Yes they are rebuildable. And the
diesels do not "eat" solenoids faster than any other GM car.

Interesting on the cranking cylinder pressure.

Frank DuVal