<VV> Re: '64 flywheel, clutch kit in '63 Monza Spyder

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Apr 2 12:39:41 EDT 2006

Two things have happened to other people over the years with the same
result you have:

1. The clutch disk is installed backwards. Flywheel side must face the
flywheel.

2, The clutch disk is one of those with the rivets holding the center
hub in place. The OEM disk is a welded hub and is the only one to work
in all applications. On some engines the rivets hit the flywheel bolts.

Check for both. Yes, I know you have to dissassemble to check. Are we
having fun yet?

Frank DuVal