<VV> Convention Location

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 14:01:03 EDT 2006

Hey Smitty (and all),

  I have to chime in and side with Bob on this one. If I structure my vacation and money, make sure my grandson is out of school, ready the car for a long trip and drive cross country (I'm in Denver, equidistant from everywhere), I want to see what's there. I can look at and talk about other Corvairs any time, actually, but meeting collegues and enjoying a part of the country I've never seen are bigger attractions for me.
  Even if a car is one-of-a kind, I wouldn't ignore Niagra Falls to spend all of my time with it.
  Bob is ultimately right about one aspect: 0 willing workers+ 0 appropriate place= no convention.
  If it ever comes here, I promise I won't pump you up with the best places to eat Denver omelettes.  We have lots of terrific food and rate third in the country for craft breweries, but the omelettes aren't better than anywhere else.

  Chuck Kubin

  ---------------------vairtec at optonline.net wrote:
  Smitty, you identify two valid viewpoints: That our conventions should serve the purpose of bringing Corvair owners together to enjoy their cars, and that our conventions should offer some enjoyment for the non-enthusiast family members. But you appear to be concluding that the latter comes at the expense of the former.---------------------------