<VV> Engine Stand

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 20:56:58 EDT 2006

Bill, I suppose a fancy stand might be handy, but in my case I used a "Finch cart" to drag the engine out from under the car, took off most of the external parts while it sat on the cart.  Then my daughter and I carefully tipped it up on the bell housing and finished the disassembly down to the crankcase.  As stated by others, the crankcase work goes well on the bench.

  SNIP:
  <<Question is: Is there a
preferred engine
stand to mount it on....or just lay it on the oil pan on a bench.>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on