<VV> Canadian Corvairs are Cool!

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Sun Apr 9 20:24:16 EDT 2006

Hey Group! Just a quick message to applaud Kent Sullivan
and any others out there that are planning to participate
in the Canadian Corvair Homecoming. I am hoping to get my
entry ready in time for the event at the Holiday Inn in
Oshawa. As some of you may know, I had the opportunity to
live in Canada for a few years and was lucky enough to
bump into John Gray prior to his election as mayor of
Oshawa. We had some good times playing with Corvairs and
Corvair parts - and some Corviars that should have been
just parts! The membership of CORSA Ontario really helped
me feel at "home" in a foreign land for my 33 month long
assignment with GMCL. While there I did acquire a few
special Canadian Corvairs as well as a couple Pontiacs
there were unique to the Canadian market. I still have the
Pontiacs (a '60 Laurentian sedan and a '64 Parisienne with
a 283 and a powerglide!) as well as 1960 Canadian Corvair
500 sedan #236. It is the same car that won the 1991 Ed
Cole Award at the DC convention. It is purported to be the
oldest living Canadian born Corvair still around. Plan to
attend the Canadian Homecoming in Oshawa on the 23rd and
either check it out, or prove me wrong by bringing your
older Canadian Corvair for all to see. And to all my
Canadian friends, "Bob's your Uncle!" - Caveman Pete