<VV> April Fool's Column

sarahvair at juno.com sarahvair at juno.com
Tue Apr 11 20:07:45 EDT 2006

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to all the post concerning my April Column.  I was in Dallas last week and just returned late last night.  The computers where I was staying had issues with the wireless as well as the broadband so I was unable to sign on and respond.
Had a great time in Dallas.  I stayed with Scott Netherton and he threw a party for Rick and I and invited the NTCA group.  NTCA is a great group and we had a wonderful time.  While Rick and I were there we attended the NASCAR Race at Texas Motor Speedway.  For those of you who like NASCAR and like a small track feel, this is the place to go!!!
Back to my column.  Thank you so much for all the kind comments and saying it was my best one yet.  For 5 years now this has been the hardest to write, as I have to try and top the one from last year.  Yes, I caught a lot on the Pebble Beach.  What pleased me the most is the wide variety and the quality Corvairs that are amongst us.  Many people sent bios of their cars as well as pictures.  YES, someday we will have a place at a major show and we will have the cars to put there!!!
Yes, MANY people were caught by the Falls being turned off.  A few of you caught the April Loof reference.  I think we all know how many fell for the 140 deal.
You know what this shows me?  Lots of you read my column and that is good to know.  I do want to take the opportunity to apologize if I offended anyone.  Most people who wrote me to order and question me about details responded back that I caught them and said, good one Sarah, you got me and that's hard to do.
I will share with you one I got from a fellow in Switzerland.  He said Sarah, tell the American's not to worry, as I will bring water from the Rhine, order a new crate engine for everyone to see when I display my 63 in Pebble Beach.
Sarah