<VV> Alternator question

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Tue Apr 11 20:21:24 EDT 2006

I agree, connecting to a battery is the safest thing. But alternators are
funny things. I hear ya on the turns ratio thing, but remember WAY back, when
there were conversions to get 120 volts DC out of a standard alternator? The
rotor didn't have anything special done to it, it's just that alternators are
usually connected to SERIOUS current sinks. Remove the sink, and the voltage
goes way up.
But, like you said, a bit of research goes a long way.

In a message dated 4/11/2006 6:51:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,